“I am aware of the recent social media exchange between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor. The ongoing situation has escalated to a level that is unacceptable. As such, we are taking the necessary steps to reach out to both athlete camps and this situation is being addressed by all parties internally.”
Previously, White had made it known that he didn’t intend to intervene in what has become one of the most heated feuds in the history of the UFC.
Nurmagomedov and McGregor have butted heads both online and in person on multiple occasions, most infamously in Brooklyn last April when McGregor threw a dolly at a bus that was transporting Nurmagomedov in retaliation for Nurmagomedov having a confrontation with McGregor’s close friend and teammate Artem Lobov, as well as in the aftermath of the UFC 229 main event last October when Nurmagomedov defeated McGregor and subsequently sparked a brawl by exiting the cage to attack McGregor’s cornerman Dillon Danis.
Both Nurmagomedov and McGregor, as well as several of their associates, were fined and suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission for their involvement in the UFC 229 ruckus. It remains to be seen what sanctions White and the UFC may consider to address this feud going forward.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage