Nick Newell is getting back into the cage and getting back to his roots.
In his first fight since losing a unanimous decision to Alex Munoz on Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series, Newell will make his debut for Classic Entertainment & Sports MMA on May 31 when he fights Kalvin Hackney in a lightweight bout at CES MMA 56 at Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, Connecticut. Officials announced the news via social media following a report by MMAjunkie.
Newell (14-2), who hails from Milford, Conn., has competed for such promotions as the former World Series of Fighting and the Legacy Fighting Alliance. In addition to starting his pro career 11-0, Newell also gained notoriety for competing with a congenital amputation of his left arm. The 33-year-old won three straight bouts before being defeated by Munoz on the Contender Series last July.
A veteran who has competed for Bellator, Legacy Fighting Championship, and Titan Fighting Championship among other promotions, Hackney is 16-5 as a pro and is coming off back-to-back finishes of Christian Fulgium and Josh Lee. This will be just his third fight since December 2015.
CES MMA 56 will stream live on UFC Fight Pass.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage