Shinya Aoki is once again the ONE Championship lightweight king.
The Japanese veteran earned a shot at the belt after scoring three straight first-round submission finishes in 2018, and made the best of his rematch with Eduard Folayang in the main event of ONE: A New Era in Tokyo, Japan, on Sunday.
The submission specialist wasted no time taking the fight to the ground, quickly getting to mount and locking a tight arm-triangle choke. Folayang tried to fight through it, but eventually went to sleep.
“Being 35, doing what I love to do, having all the troubles, but still doing what I love to do, aren’t you guys jealous of me? And still tomorrow, I will still go on like this, every day,” Aoki said after the win. “I have gold printed on my buttocks and real gold on tomorrow too.”
Aoki now holds a 43-8 record with one no contest, improving to 23-4 with 18 stoppages in MMA over the last 10 years.
Watch the finish below, and click here for complete ONE: A New Era results.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage