Check out the UFC 235 live blog below.
Round 1: Marc Goddard the referee for this main card opener. Munhoz catches a kick and throws an overhand right that pushes Garbrandt back. It’s Munhoz who ends up falling to the mat as he pursues and he attacks Garbrandt’s leg with a submission attempt. Garbrandt slips out. Body kick by Munhoz. Low kick by Munhoz lands clean. Lots of feints from Garbrandt, but he’s not throwing much. He’s loosening up and evading strikes, though he’s not landing enough of his own. Munhoz doing a good job of blocking Garbrandt’s flurries. Spinning back kick by Munhoz, Garbrandt answers with a right hand. Munhoz lands a few punches up top before Garbrandt backs him up. Munhoz’s kicks are taking their toll on Garbrandt’s lead leg. It looks like a potential clash of heads puts Garbrandt down. Either way Munhoz is on top of him, Garbrandt recovering well. Back on the feet, Garbrandt unloads with a flying knee into a big flurry and both fighters throw caution to the wind with about 30 seconds to go. They are just firing away and its Munhoz who lands a clean short right that drops Garbrandt. Ground-and-pound follows, Goddard giving Garbrandt every chance to recover but he has to call it.
Official result: Pedro Munhoz def. Cody Garbrandt via TKO at 4:52 of round one
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage