The surging Russian middleweight returns to action against mixed martial arts veteran Gerald Harris in the main card portion of Bellator 218 in Thackerville, Oklahoma, on March 22, Bellator officials told MMA Fighting.
Tokov (27-2) has been perfect inside the Bellator cage since breaking into the promotion with a second-round TKO over Francisco France in 2017. The 29-year-old followed up this win with a submission over Vladimir Filipovic and a decision over former Bellator champion Alexander Shlemenko.
To date, Tokov has finished 21 of his 27 victories, including 16 by way of (T)KO.
His opponent, Harris (25-7-1), a former WSOF and UFC veteran, is looking to get back in the win column after fighting Hracho Darpinyan to a draw at Bellator 210 in November. Prior to that, “The Hurricane” came up short to Rafael Lovato Jr. and Yaroslav Amosov in his first two bouts inside the Bellator cage.
Also confirmed for the event is a bantamweight scrap between Tokov’s brother Vladimir Tokov and Ryan Walker. For the younger Tokov sibling, this will mark his promotional debut after compiling a 3-0 record on the Russian fight circuit. Walker (7-4), on the other hand, is looking to right the ship after being finished by Steve Kozola at Bellator 202 last July.
With the addition of these two fights, here is how the entire card stands:
- Emmanuel Sanchez vs. Georgi Karakhanyan
- Valentin Moldavsky vs. Linton Vassell
- Michael Shipman vs. Hracho Darpinyan
- Anatoly Tokov vs. Gerald Harris
- Vladimir Tokov vs. Ryan Walker
- John Macapa vs. Kevin Groom
- Johnny Eblen vs. Chauncy Foxworth
- Nation Gibrick vs. Nicholas Page
- Malin Hermansson vs. Victoria Leonardo
- Aaron Vickers vs. Isaiah Gutierrez
- Ky Bennett vs. Deborah Kouzmin
- Norbert Novenyi vs. William Lavine
- Christian Edwards vs. Roman Huerta
- Craig Fairley vs. Luis Erives