Ed Herman has found a new opponent for his 23rd Octagon appearance.
Stepping in for Gadzhimurad Antigulov to fight Herman (24-14, 1 NC) in a light-heavyweight bout at UFC Moscow will be 24-year-old Russian Khadis Ibragimov (8-1), MMA Fighting’s Steven Marrocco confirmed with a source close to one of the fighters. The news was first reported by MMA DNA.
The reason for Antigulov’s withdrawal is unknown.
Ibragimov’s debut earlier this year at UFC Shenzhen was also as a replacement. There, he suffered the first loss of his pro career when he was submitted in the third round by Da Un Jung. Prior to that outing, Ibragimov was a light-heavyweight champion in Russia’s M-1 Global promotion.
In Herman’s most recent fight, he defeated Patrick Cummins by first-round TKO at UFC Rochester in May. The 16-year veteran holds an 11-10 (1 NC) record competing in the UFC’s light heavyweight and middleweight division.
UFC Moscow takes place at CSKA Arena on Nov. 9., with the main card airing on the ESPN+ streaming service. A featherweight bout between Zabit Magomedsharipov and Calvin Kattar will serve as the headliner.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage