A trip to sunny Florida may lead to some cloudy days for several fighters.
Chief among them is Saturday’s main event winner Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who will require a physician to clear her of two potential foot injuries lest she be sidelined for six months. However, Jedrzejczyk told MMA Fighting that according to a doctor, her feet are not broken and she does not expect to miss much time.
In total, 10 competitors from UFC Tampa could be out of action for six months or longer for a variety of maladies that will require clearance from a physician, per medical suspensions provided to MMA Fighting’s Steven Marrocco by official ABC records keeper mixedmartialarts.com.
Among those facing indefinite medical suspensions are co-headliner Cub Swanson and James Vick. Swanson is listed as needing X-ray clearance with no mention of a specific injury in the official report, while Vick requires neurological clearance after losing by first-round knockout to Niko Price. Both Swanson and Vick released statements on social media earlier this week addressing their conditions, with Swanson announcing that he expects to be out until sometime next year due to hand and eye injuries, and Vick stating that his post-fight CT scan came in negative.
Also listed as having injuries that will require them to miss an indefinite period of time are Andrew Sanchez (right leg), Hector Aldana (left leg), Miguel Baeza (wrist), and Eryk Anders (requires CT scan).
Pending medical clearance, winners Marvin Vettori, Ryan Spann, and Matt Frevola could be out for up to six months.
See the full list of UFC Tampa medical suspensions below:
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk: 45-day suspension, requires clearance on both feet or could be suspended for 180 days
- Michelle Waterson: 30-day suspension
- Cub Swanson: indefinite suspension, requires X-ray clearance
- Kron Gracie: 30-day suspension
- Niko Price: no remarks
- James Vick: indefinite suspension, requires neurological clearance
- Amanda Ribas: no remarks
- Mackenzie Dern: 7-day suspension for lip laceration
- Matt Frevola: 180-day suspension, right foot and lower leg require X-ray clearance, no contact for 45 days due to left orbital injury
- Luis Pena: no remarks
- Eryk Anders: indefinite suspension, requires CT scan clearance
- Gerald Meerschaert: 30-day suspension
- Ryan Spann: 180-day suspension, requires clearance for elbow injury
- Devin Clark: 30-day suspension
- Mike Davis: no remarks
- Thomas Gifford: 90-day suspension, requires medical clearance
- Alex Morono: 30-day suspension, requires clearance from ophthalmologist
- Max Griffin: 30-day suspension
- Deiveson Figueiredo: no remarks
- Tim Elliott: no remarks
- Marlon Vera: 30-day suspension, or until feet are cleared
- Andre Ewell: 45-day suspension for laceration
- Miguel Baeza: indefinite suspension, right wrist requires X-ray clearance
- Hector Aldana: indefinite suspension, requires left leg clearance
- Marvin Vettori: 180-day suspension, requires clearance for back injury
- Andrew Sanchez: indefinite suspension, requires right leg clearance
- JJ Aldrich: no remarks
- Lauren Mueller: 30-day suspension, requires X-ray clearance on right foot