Speaking to TMZ Sports, White insisted that proceedings with NAC stemming from the post-fight fracas at UFC 229 and the overall landscape of the division will have to be taken into account before the UFC can book the rematch.
“I think a lot of people want to see that fight,” White told TMZ Sports.
“We gotta see how this thing [plays out]. Obviously, again, we haven’t gone in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. That’s gotta happen and when it does we can figure out how this whole thing plays out.
“Is Max [Holloway] moving to 155…Tony Ferguson’s obviously in the mix…we gotta see how this thing plays out.”
When pressed on whether the fight could happen this year, White concluded that it could.
“Yeah, I do,” White replied when asked if the fight could happen this year.
“Obviously, guys are going to have to win and it depends how long the suspensions are, but yeah, as long as everything goes right this fight should happen.”
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage