MMA Fighting’s Petesy Carroll confirmed with sources that Edwards and Nelson will fight in the co-main event of UFC London at The O2 Arena on March 16, following an initial report by ESPN.
Edwards (16-3), a native of Jamaica who grew up in Birmingham, England, is currently on a six-fight win streak having most recently beaten Donald Cerrone by unanimous decision in the main event of UFC Singapore last June. Overall, “Rocky” is 8-2 in the UFC.
Iceland’s Nelson (17-3-1) is also coming off of a win and has seen his hand raised in three of his last four bouts. Injuries have limited “Gunni” to just four fights since the end of 2015, but he was victorious in his lone booking last year, a bloody battle with Alex Oliveira at UFC 231 that Nelson won by second-round submission to improve his UFC record to 8-3.
UFC London will be headlined by a welterweight bout between Liverpool’s Darren Till and Jorge Masvidal and broadcast live exclusively on the ESPN+ streaming service.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage