After weeks of questions and concerns, UFC 228’s main event is officially set.
Woodley weighed in at 170 pounds.
Questions regarding Till’s weight dominated UFC 228 fight week. The 25-year-old Liverpudlian badly missed weight for two of his prior six UFC fights, including most recently missing weight by three pounds for his UFC Liverpool bout against Stephen Thompson this past May. Despite his weight issues, Till was awarded a title shot against Woodley at UFC 228 — and he made good on the opportunity, hitting his mark of 170 pounds.
The undefeated Scouser has racked up a 5-0-1 record in the UFC, highlighted by victories over Thompson and fan favorite Donald Cerrone.
Woodley, on the other hand, is unbeaten since 2014 and is looking to secure the fourth consecutive defense of his welterweight title at UFC 228. The 36-year-old champion twice retained his strap against Thompson then defeated Demain Maia last July. He has been sidelined due to a shoulder injury ever since.
The co-main event between UFC flyweight champion Nicco Montano and Valentina Shevchenko was canceled after it was reported on Friday morning that Montano was taken to the hospital. Shevchenko will not face a replacement on the card.
Complete UFC 228 weigh-in results can be seen here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage