Combate America’s Camino a Copa Combate main card is now complete.
The addition of a women’s strawweight fight between Melissa Martinez and Francis Hernandez, which will serve as the co-main event of the card, has finalized the lineup for the three-fight main card at Camino a Copa Combate.
MMA Fighting recently learned the news.
Martinez last fought in April where she outpointed Ivanna Martinenghi at Combate Estrellas 2. “Super Mely” is undefeated in her MMA career, sporting a professional record of 4-0 with three finishes. Meanwhile, Hernandez was last seen in May when she picked up a submission win at Combate 20. Hernandez is 3-2 in her fighting career.
Additionally, five new bouts have been added to the Camino a Copa Combate preliminary card: Oscar Suarez vs. Carlos Ochoa, Dominic Clarke vs. Danny Ramirez, Jesse Strader vs. Mario Navarro, Heinrich Wassmer vs. David Duran, Hugo Aranda vs. Michael Reyes.
Camino a Copa Combate is set to go down on Sept. 28 at The Walter Pyramid in Long Beach, Calif. The three-fight main card is set to broadcast live on Univision Deportes Network.
The current line up for Camino a Copa Combate goes as follows:
- Erick Gonzalez vs. Andres Quintana (Copa Combate tournament qualifying fight)
- Melissa Martinez vs. Francis Hernandez
- Pablo Sabori vs. Alejandro Flores (Copa Combate tournament qualifying fight)
- Oscar Suarez vs. Carlos Ochoa
- Dominic Clarke vs. Danny Ramirez
- Jesse Strader vs. Mario Navarro
- Heinrich Wassmer vs. David Duran
- Hugo Aranda vs. Michael Reyes