The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation released the event’s finalized medical suspension report Tuesday, which was first reported by MMA Junkie.
Kowalkiewicz, a one-time strawweight title contender, suffered a brutal one-punch knockout loss to Jessica Andrade in the co-main event of UFC 228. As a result of the knockout, Kowalkiewicz will be forced sit out two months before returning to active competition, per Texas commission officials.
Aside from Kowalkiewicz, only five other fighters received medical suspensions stretching into the potential two-month mark: Cody Stamann (indefinite), Frank Camacho (indefinite), Irene Aldana (indefinite), Roberto Sanchez, (indefinite), and Niko Price (two months).
UFC 228 took place Sept. 8 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. The night’s main card aired live on pay-per-view.
A complete list of UFC 228’s medical suspensions can be seen below. All fighters not named on the list received precautionary 10-day medical suspensions.
- Cody Stamann: Suspended indefinitely or until cleared by doctor
- Frank Camacho: Suspended indefinitely or until cleared by doctor
- Irene Aldana: Suspended indefinitely or until cleared by doctor
- Roberto Sanchez: Suspended indefinitely or until cleared by doctor
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz: Suspended until Nov. 8
- Niko Price: Suspended until Nov. 8
- Alex White: Suspended until Oct. 24
- Lucie Pudilova: Suspended until Oct. 24
- Jarred Brooks: Suspended until Oct. 24
- Darren Till: Suspended until Oct. 9
- Carla Esparza: Suspended until Oct. 9
- Charles Byrd: Suspended until Oct. 9
- Diego Sanchez: Suspended until Oct. 9
- Craig White: Suspended until Oct. 9
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage