Nate Diaz has expressed some displeasure with the UFC on social media recently. The promotion’s voice doesn’t want to hear it.
Bruce Buffer, the UFC’s legendary Octagon announcer, told TMZ that he believes Diaz should pipe down about his apparent issues with the UFC. Diaz said after a press conference earlier this month in Los Angeles that he felt “under promoted” by the organization.
Buffer said he heard Diaz made big bucks for his UFC 202 fight with Conor McGregor two years ago and there’s no reason to be speaking out of turn.
“Nate, I heard you made 7 or more million dollars in your last fight,” Buffer said. “I don’t want to hear you complaining about being under promoted by the UFC. You should be thanking the UFC and bowing to Dana White every time you see him. [Endeavor co-CEOs] Ari Emanuel, Patrick Whitesell.
“You got 7 or more million dollars gross before taxes, maybe much more. Which I love knowing that you have, Nate. Please, I don’t want to hear any more complaints.”
Diaz will return to the cage for the first time since that McGregor fight against Dustin Poirier in the co-main event of UFC 230 on Nov. 3 in New York.
Buffer was asked by TMZ about whether McGregor vs. Diaz 3 will ever happen. The two are 1-1 against each other. The announcer said it really depends on what happens between McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 on Oct. 6 in Las Vegas.
“I think we all want to see it, but I don’t think we can make determinations about anything until we see what happens between Khabib and Conor,” Buffer said. “This is a big fight. I don’t think in front of my guns — I think behind my guns. We’ll see what happens and then the marketing brains of the UFC will put together what the best thing is for the fans.”