One date has been set for the Professional Fighters League playoffs.
Three months after its last trip to Washington, D.C., the PFL is returning to the nation’s capital on Oct. 20 for the semifinals of its upcoming playoffs, according to The Washington Post. The event will take place in Congress Heights at the Entertainment and Sports Arena, which is scheduled to open in September.
PFL officials announced the news Friday. That marks the latest location and venue booked for the league’s postseason, with plans for previously announced dates Oct. 13 and Dec. 31 still to be determined.
The PFL format involves 72 fighters in six weight classes — ranging from featherweight to heavyweight — competing for the chance to win a $1 million prize at the end of the season. Eight fighters from each division will qualify for the postseason single elimination tournament based on a points system.
The majority of the playoff spots have been claimed through the league’s first six shows.
See below for the updated PFL 2018 schedule:
PFL 7 — Ocean Resort Casino, Atlantic City, N.J.
PFL 8 — Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans
PFL 9 — TBA
PFL 10 — Entertainment and Sports Arena, Washington, D.C.
PFL 11 — TBA
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage