Combate Americas: Mexico vs. USA has a new main event.
Brenda Enriquez will replace Kyra Batara to face Lisbeth Lopez Silva in the headlining bout of Friday’s event in Sacramento, Calif. The news was announced by the promotion Tuesday.
Batara was forced to withdraw from the bout due to a back and neck injury. The original bout between Batara and Lopez Silva was set for atomweight (105 pounds), but this new fight involving Lopez Silva and Enriquez will take place at a catchweight of 110 pounds.
Lopez Silva is currently on a four-fight win streak. The Mexican fighter had a 0-3 start to her professional MMA career, so she currently sports a professional record of 4-3. Lopez Silva is unbeaten in the Combate Americas cage.
Meanwhile, Enriquez is 1-1 since turning pro last September. Both of her professional MMA bouts were contested in Combate Americas. The 28-year-old Enriquez was 6-1 as an amateur.
Combate Americas: Mexico vs. USA will take place at the McClellan Conference Center. The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 2 runner up Horacio Gutierrez will fight former UFC fighter and Nate Diaz’s protege Chris Avila in the co-main event of the card.
The three-fight main card will air live at 11 p.m. ET on Univision Deportes Network. The five-fight preliminary card will stream at 9:30 p.m. ET on www.UnivisionDeportes.com.
Below is the full card for Comabe Americas: Mexico vs. USA:
- Lisbeth Lopez Silva (5-3) vs. Brenda Enriquez (1-1)
- Horacio Gutierrez (4-3) vs. Chris Avila (5-6)
- Anthony Avila (15-5) Jose Luis Verdugo (8-4)
- Jose Loera (0-0) Christian Giovannie (2-2)
- Kaleio Romero (1-0) vs. Luis Vargas (2-2)
- Andrew Coyne (2-0) vs. Roger Severson (2-3)
- Jose Aguayo (2-1) vs. Jesse Strader (2-0)
- Francis Hernandez (2-2) vs. Shyann Farmer (0-1)