Nick Diaz has his next day in court date scheduled.
The popular UFC fighter will have to appear in Las Vegas Justice Court on June 6 at 8:30 a.m. before judge Amy Chelini, a court rep confirmed with MMA Fighting on Tuesday.
Diaz was arrested Friday on charges of domestic battery by strangulation and domestic battery in the first degree. The former is a felony. His booking photo was released Tuesday by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
Diaz, 34, made $18,000 bail and was released from the Clark County Detention Center on Friday night.
Police were dispatched to a Las Vegas residence around 7 p.m. Thursday night and had probable cause to arrest Diaz, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police spokesperson Larry Hadfield told MMA Fighting last week.
Diaz has not fought in the UFC since 2015, but recently UFC president Dana White said he was considering a comeback fight. The Stockton, Calif., native was on suspension from USADA, the UFC’s anti-doping partner, until last month due to a whereabouts violation.
On Friday, the UFC released a statement about the situation:
“UFC is aware of the recent arrest of middleweight athlete, Nick Diaz,” the statement read. “The organization does not tolerate domestic violence and requires all athletes to adhere to the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. Every athlete is deserving of due process and this situation, as with any official allegations, will be duly reviewed and thoroughly investigated by an independent party.”