Eddie Wineland has a date and an opponent for his first UFC bout of 2018.
The long-time bantamweight contender will be meeting season one winner of The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America Alejandro Perez at UFC Boise on July 14. The event will take place at the CenturyLink Arena in Boise, Idaho; a heavyweight fight between Junior dos Santos and Blagoy Ivanov is set to headline the card.
The news was recently announced by UFC Español.
Wineland hasn’t fought since losing a decision to John Dodson in April of 2017 at UFC Nashville. Prior to that, the 33-year-old fighter had put together back-to-back wins over Frankie Saenz and Takeya Mizugaki. Wineland, a former WEC champ, is 23–12–1 in his MMA career and 5-6 in the UFC. He currently sits at No. 15 in the UFC 135-pound rankings.
Meanwhile, Perez will be looking to extend his impressive win streak. The Mexican fighter is unbeaten in his last six bouts, including five victories and one draw. Perez fought last month at UFC Glendale where he finished Matthew Lopez in the second round. The AKA fighter is 20–6–1 as a professional fighter.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage