Remember the name Dominick Reyes, because he’s on his way up the UFC light heavyweight division.
The Victorville, Calif., native made short work of Jared Cannonier in a main-card bout Saturday night at UFC Chile, scoring a TKO at 2:55 of the opening round at Movistar Arena in Santiago.
That puts Reyes at 3-0 in the UFC with a three first-round knockouts.
“You can’t game plan like that, I just train my ass off, show up and fight like a warrior,” Reyes said.
After a flurry of strikes, Dominick Reyes win by TKO. pic.twitter.com/sZutKEp3Ci— FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) May 20, 2018
Reyes landed a short and crisp uppercut that landed on the kisser and put Cannonier on shaky legs. Reyes stalked Cannonier and landed another uppercut which caused Cannoier to face plant on the mat. Referee Marc Goddard had seen enough and waved things off.
“We knew the uppercut was going to be there coming in,” Reyes said. “But at the end I had my cardio and it was there.”
Reyes improved to 9-0, with stoppages in each of his past six wins. Cannonier (10-4) has dropped two straight and three of his past four.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage