Lyoto Machida got another knockout and with it came another Fight Night bonus.
The former UFC champion earned a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus for knocking out fellow veteran Vitor Belfort at Saturday’s UFC 224 in Rio de Janeiro. The 39-year-old Machida stopped Belfort with a front head kick in the second round of their middleweight bout. “The Dragon” is on a two-fight win streak and hold a professional MMA record of 24-8.
Additionally, three other fighters received $50,000 in Fight Night bonuses.
Heavyweight Oleksiy Oleinik earned his bonus by submitting Junior Albini with his signature Ezekiel choke in the first round of the fight. This was the second time Oleinik submitted an opponent with the Ezekiel choke. With this win, the 40-year-old fighter moves to 53-11-1 in MMA.
And middleweights Kelvin Gastelum and Jacare Souza each earned $50,000 for Fight of the Night. Gastelum and Souza fought out to a split decision that went in favor for Gastelum. It was a very competitive bout where both fighters had their moments. Gastelum is now 15–3 in MMA and 3-1 and one no-contest since moving back to middleweight in 2016.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage