Georgi Karakhanyan has signed for Russian promotion ACB.
Bellator reportedly cut the former WSOF featherweight champion last month. On Wednesday morning, Denis Geyko of RT.com reported via Twitter that the Russian had signed a multi-fight deal with the promotion. Later that day, ACB confirmed his signing to MMA Fighting.
After claiming the WSOF title with a third-round submission of Lance Palmer, Karakhanyan lost the belt in his first defense against Rick Glenn when he failed to answer the bell for the third round due to a broken rib.
Following his title loss at WSOF 10, he was signed for a second stint with Bellator where he amassed a record 4-4 over eight appearances. In his last test, he lost a unanimous decision when he faced Henry Corrales at Bellator 192.
Geyko’s tweet suggests that Karakhanyan could make his first appearance under the banner on May 5 in Russia, which is set to be the promotion’s biggest event to date.
Update: ACB later announced that Karakhanyan (28-8-1) will face Alexey Polpudnikov (24-4-1) in his debut at ACB 86 on May 5 in Moscow.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage