Combate Americas has a home.
The MMA promotion geared towards Hispanic American and Latin American audiences has signed a multi-year deal with Univision to produce and distribute live programming on Univision and Univision Deportes Network in the U.S.
The news was announced by officials on Thursday.
The Univision-Combate Americas partnership kicks off with Combate Estrellas 1, which is set to go down on April 13 at The Shrine in Los Angeles. This event is being headlined by a rematch between bantamweights John Castaneda and Marc Gomez, and it also marks the MMA debut of five-division world boxing champion Amanda Serrano.
Combate Americas will air 16 live shows in 2018 on Univision and the Univision Deportes Network. The live events will all air in a 90-minute slot. The preliminary fights will stream on UnivisionDeportes.com. A complete event schedule for 2018 is expected to be announced soon.
Univision Deportes Network is the No. 1 Spanish-language sports network in the U.S. This partnership marks the first time that Univision Deportes Network will produce and distribute live MMA programming. Prior to the deal with Univision, Combate Americas aired one show on Telemundo — Copa Combate.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage