An important light heavyweight matchup has been added to the UFC’s first trip to Chile.
The promotion announced the news on Wednesday, and didn’t specify whether Oezdemir vs. Shogun will serve as the main event of the card.
Oezdemir is coming off his first UFC defeat, where he was stopped by light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier in a title fight that took place in January. Oezdemir is currently ranked second in the division and sports a professional MMA record of 15-2.
Meanwhile, Shogun, 36, hasn’t stepped in the Octagon since March of last year. The former UFC champion is ridding a three-fight win streak, which includes victories over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Corey Anderson and most recently Gian Villante. Shogun is 25-10 as a pro fighter. His last loss came to Ovince Saint Preux back on November 2014.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage