UFC featherweight contender Josh Emmett highlighted a list of 14 fighters to be issued medical suspensions in the aftermath of UFC on FOX 28. The Florida State Boxing Commission released the event’s finalized medical suspension report Friday to MMA Fighting.
Emmett suffered a controversial second-round knockout loss to Jeremy Stephens in the night’s main event. As a result of damage sustained in the contest, the Team Alpha Male fighter will be forced to sit out 180 days before returning to active competition or seek doctor’s clearance to return sooner, per Florida commission officials.
Notably, the Florida State Boxing Commission does not publicly release the cause behind specific fighter medical suspensions.
UFC on FOX 28 took place Feb. 24 at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida. The night’s main card aired live on FOX.
A complete list of UFC on FOX 28’s medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Josh Emmett: 180-day suspension
- Maryna Moroz: 180-day suspension or must seek doctor’s clearance; minimum suspension 30 days
- Ben Saunders: 180-day suspension or must seek doctor’s clearance; minimum suspension 60 days
- Alex Perez: 180-day suspension
- Mike Perry: 45-day suspension
- Tecia Torres: 30-day suspension
- Ovince Saint Preux: 30-day suspension
- Brian Khelleher: 30-day suspension
- Renan Barao: 30-day suspension
- Marion Reneau: 30-day suspension
- Sara McMann: 30-day suspension
- Alan Jouban: 30-day suspension
- Marcin Prachnio: 30-day suspension
- Russell Doane: 30-day suspension