“The Quebec Kid” has agreed to step in on short notice to fight Dunham (18-6-1) at UFC 223 on April 7 at the Barclays Center, as a replacement for Mairbek Taisumov who was recently forced to withdraw due to visa issues.
Dunham and Aubin-Mercier announced the matchup on their social media accounts, though the bout has not been officially confirmed by the UFC.
The 29-year-old Aubin-Mercier (10-2) is currently riding a three-fight winning streak, with a split decision nod over Tony Martin in his most recent outing at UFC Pittsburgh. Prior to that, Aubin-Mercier picked up back-to-back submission wins over Drew Dober and Thibault Gouti. Overall, the Ultimate Fighter Nations runner-up has won six of his eight fights in the UFC.
Dunham, 36, is on an unbeaten run of his own. He battled Beneil Dariush to a majority draw at UFC 216 last October, which came on the heels of four straight unanimous decision victories. His last loss came in July 2014 and the 11-year veteran’s UFC record stands at 11-6-1.
UFC 223 will be headlined by a lightweight title fight between interim champion Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov. In the co-main event, strawweight champion Rose Namajunas defends against Joanna Jedrzejczyk.
See the updated card for UFC 223 below:
Devin Clark vs. Michael Rodriguez
Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Evan Dunham
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage