Dhiego Lima snaps his three-fight losing skid in a devastating fashion.
With losses to Yushin Okami, Jesse Taylor and Jason Jackson in his last three bouts, Lima, a former Titan FC champion, was in desperate need of a victory at UFC 231 in Toronto. Standing in his way, was The Ultimate Fighter: Nations winner Chad Laprise.
During the scrap, Lima (13-7) and Laprise (13-4) danced around the cage as they looked for an opening in their opponent’s defense. But a little over 90 seconds into the fight, this window finally opened for Lima as he unloaded with a picture-perfect left hook to Laprise’s jaw.
With his Laprise tumbling the to the canvas, Lima rushed forward to put the finishing touches onto his downed opponent. But after seeing he was clearly unconscious, Lima chose not to inflict any unnecessary damage as he walked away with his hands held high.
This victory not only got the Brazilian back into the win column but marked his eighth career stoppage win and fourth by way of (T)KO. For, Laprise this was his second straight knockout loss after being finished Vicente Luque in May.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage