clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Johnny Walker vs. Justin Ledet targeted for UFC Fortaleza

MMA: UFC Fight Night-Buenos Aires-Roundtree vs Walker Jason Silva-USA TODAY Sports

Top Brazilian prospect Johnny Walker will be back in the cage early next year.

A light heavyweight bout pitting Walker and Justin Ledet is being targeted for UFC Fortaleza on Feb. 2 in Brazil, sources told MMA Fighting on Saturday. Sources said the bout has been verbally agreed to, but not yet signed. The UFC has yet to make an official announcement about the fight.

Walker (14-3) is coming off a thunderous elbow knockout of Khalil Rountree at UFC Argentina last month. The 6-foot-5, athletic prospect earned his way into the UFC by beating Luis Henrique da Silva on Contender Series Brazil over the summer. Walker, 26, has won seven in a row.

Ledet (9-1, 1 NC) had his undefeated record snapped by Aleksandar Rakic at UFC Hamburg back in July. The Texas native had won three straight to begin his UFC career prior to that. Ledet, a 30-year-old, 6-foot-4 former basketball player, is still thought of as someone to watch in the future at 205 pounds.

UFC Fortaleza will be headlined by a bantamweight contender bout between Marlon Moraes and Raphael Assuncao. Also on the card, veteran Demian Maia will take on rising welterweight Lyman Good.

Additional reporting by Guilherme Cruz

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the MMA Fighting Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of all your fighting news from MMA Fighting