Louis Taylor needed just 33 seconds to make MMA history.
With one punch, Taylor felled opponent Abusupiyan Magomedov in the 2018 PFL World Championship opener, making himself the league’s first middleweight champion and first recipient of its $1,000,000 prize.
Magomedov pursued Taylor early, but was soon caught by a lunging left hook that put him on his back. The fight may have been over there, but Taylor put him away for good with a follow-up punch on the mat to secure the fast first-round finish.
Post-fight, Taylor, 39, thanked the PFL and said the money would go towards paying off his house and school for his daughters.
“I don’t need no nice car, I just need to make sure my family is fed and I thank PFL for allowing me to do that.”
Watch the finish above.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage