Jose Aldo is once again calling out Conor McGregor.
Less than 48 hours after “The Notorious” lost to Khabib Nurmagomedov in one of the biggest fights in UFC history, the Brazilian star went on social media to call for a rematch against his Irish rival.
“There’s nowhere to run,” Aldo wrote, adding the hashtag "joker" to the post. “It’s time.”
McGregor and Aldo fought in December 2015, and the Irishman won in just 13 seconds.
Aldo (27-4) recently scored a devastating first-round knockout over Jeremy Stephens in Canada, bouncing back from a pair of defeats to current featherweight champion Max Holloway.
McGregor (21-4) dropped his third loss in five fights since his win over Aldo, including a boxing match to Floyd Mayweather. Inside the UFC cage, “The Notorious” lost to Nate Diaz and Nurmagomedov, beating Diaz and Eddie Alvarez in 2016.
Speaking with Brazilian reporters in September, Aldo said he’s willing to move up to lightweight to compete at UFC 231, when Holloway puts the 145-pound belt on the line against Brian Ortega.
”Right after the fight, Dana (White) talked about the big possibility of fighting on Dec. 8, in Canada again,” Aldo said on Sept. 11. “I’ve had already asked for that fight, I said I wanted to be on that event. I really enjoyed fighting in Canada, where I made my UFC debut, and I hope to fight there again.”
McGregor lost in his attempt to regain the 155-pound belt Saturday night in Las Vegas, but has already campaigned for a rematch with Nurmagomedov on social media.
Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch.— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) October 7, 2018