The Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation released the event’s finalized medical suspension report to MMA Fighting on Tuesday.
Ferguson Jr., the son of the late Kimbo Slice, suffered a second-round TKO loss to fellow prospect Corey Browning in a main card battle on Bellator 207. As a result of potential damage sustained in the contest, Ferguson Jr. will be forced to sit out 90 days before returning to active competition, as well as seek doctor’s clearance on his renal system, per Mohegan commission officials.
Bellator 207 took place Oct. 23 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. The night’s main card aired live on Paramount Network and DAZN. Ryan Bader defeated Matt Mitrione to advance to Bellator’s heavyweight grand prix finals in the main event.
A complete list of Bellator 207’s medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Kevin Ferguson Jr.: Suspended 90 days, requires renal clearance with labs
- Carrington Banks: Suspended 90 days, requires MRI and neurologist clearance
- Alex Potts: Suspended 90 days, requires MRI and neurologist clearance
- Kastriot Xhema: Suspended 90 days, requires physician clearance on both hands and a laceration
- Roy Nelson: Suspended 60 days, requires neurologist clearance
- Javier Torres: Suspended 60 days, requires ENT clearance
- Lisa Blaine: Suspended 60 days, requires ENT clearance
- Corey Browning: Suspended 45 days due to laceration
- Sinead Kavanagh: Suspended 45 days due to laceration