Uriah Hall revealed that he suffered a “mini-seizure” and “slight heart attack” in his first public statement since his hospitalization due to weight-cutting issues ahead of UFC St Louis last Sunday.
In a live cast from his Instagram account, the UFC middleweight apologized to Vitor Belfort for not making it to the Octagon and thanked fans and fighters who reached out to him during the ordeal.
Hall claimed that he “ignored some issues that happened prior” to his weight cut that led to his hospitalization. He denied Dana White’s suggestion that he had been partying in LA ahead of the fight and claims that he had stopped taking his training seriously.
“It was probably the most traumatic experience I’ve ever had,” said Hall.
“I mean I was in and out of it – I was conscious, but I was unconscious. I knew what was happening but I was fighting over it. I was punching. I think I had a mini seizure and at the same time a slight heart attack. My kidneys were just not good.”
He continued: “Like I said, it was an injury that I ignored and it just caught up to me. My body was not responsive to it.”
Hall insisted that he would never ignore his health again.
“The doctor even said that even if I had made weight I probably would have died the next day because my body just wasn’t having it. Like I said, I’m never going to ignore my health again.
“I did it for the fans, I did it to get paid and I did it to make sure I showed up, but at the end of the day your life is not worth it. My safety comes first.”
Despite Belfort looking to set up a date with Michael Bisping, Hall said he would be open to meeting him in his retirement bout once he fully recovers.
“I would love to fight Vitor again if he gets his panties out of a bunch. I heard he’s complaining. Dude, it’s a fight, sh*t happens. We can definitely scrap again. Obviously, I have to get better, but I would love to fight him.”
Check out the full video below.