Thiago “Marreta” Santos and Jack “The Joker” Hermansson will put their winning streaks on the line when the Octagon returns to Sao Paulo this fall.
On Monday, the UFC officially announced that the middleweights will meet at UFC Sao Paulo at the Ginasio do Ibirapuera in Brazil on Oct. 28.
The 33-year-old Santos (15-5) has finished his last two opponents in the second round via TKO, including Gerald Meerschaert at UFC 213 this past July. A native of Rio de Janeiro, Marreta has won six of his past eight bouts and he owns a 7-4 UFC record.
Also coming off two straight wins is Sweden’s Hermansson (16-3). The former Cage Warriors champion has also been finishing his opponents quickly, needing only a round each to knock out Brad Scott and Alex Nicholson. He is 3-1 since making his Octagon debut last September.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage