Brazilian jiu-jitsu phenom Mackenzie Dern is moving up in weight for her next mixed martial arts bout.
The 24-year-old prospect is set to take on Mandy Polk in a flyweight bout at the upcoming LFA 24 event in Phoeniz, AZ, on Oct. 13, sources told MMA Fighting on Tuesday. MMA Junkie first reported the match-up.
Dern amassed a perfect 3-0 record under the Legacy FC and LFA banners since her debut in July 2016, but failed to make weight in two of those bouts.
Dern is scheduled to compete at this weekend’s ADCC 2017. The current ADCC gold medalist will compete under 132 pounds in Finland.
Polk (3-3) will make her LFA debut in October. The 32-year-old fighter looks to bounce back to the winning column after losing to Katy Collins at RFA 46, a defeat that snapped her three-fight winning streak.
LFA 24 takes place at the Comerica Theatre and will be headlined by Matthew Frincu vs. Curtis Millender.
The full LFA 24 main card can be seen below:
- Matthew Frincu (11-2) vs. Curtis Millender (12-3) - welterweight
- Joey Miolla (9-2) vs. Vinicius Zani (10-4) - bantamweight
- Mackenzie Dern (3-0) vs. Mandy Polk (3-3) - women’s flyweight
- LaRue Burley (7-3) vs. Maycon Mendonça (6-2) - lightweight
- Cory Sandhagen (5-1) vs. Randy Steinke (18-11-1) - featherweight
- Kevin Natividad (4-0) vs. Glen Baker (3-2) - bantamweight
- Keoni Diggs (4-0) vs. Nick Chasteen (0-0) - lightweight