Glory heavyweight champion Rico Verhoeven won’t be defending his title when he steps into the ring in October.
Glory announced Friday that Verhoeven will face UFC and Strikeforce veteran Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva in a non-title heavyweight kickboxing fight at Glory 46, scheduled for Oct. 14 in Guangzhou, China.
Verhoeven (51-10-1 in kickboxing) enters the bout coming off seven straight victories, including four stoppages. The Dutch kickboxer has also competed once under MMA and boxing rules, winning both fights by knockout.
“Bigfoot" (19-12, 1 no-contest in MMA) is a former UFC title contender who enters the bout coming off only one win over the his past 10 MMA fights. A black belt in karate, Silva has finished the notable MMA fighters such as Alistair Overeem, Fedor Emelianenko and Travis Browne.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage