Johny Hendricks’ issues with the scale have followed him up a weight class.
The former UFC welterweight champion missed weight Saturday morning for his UFC Fight Night 112 middleweight bout with Tim Boetsch. Hendricks came in at 188 pounds, making this the third time he has missed weight in his UFC career. The 33-year-old fighter, who made most of his career at 170 pounds, moved to up the 185-pound division earlier this year in hopes of leaving weight-cutting issues behind him.
He missed weight in back-to-back fights with Kelvin Gastelum and Neil Magny in 2016. In his middleweight debut, Hendricks defeated Hector Lombard in a unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 105.
Hendricks wasn’t the only fighter to miss weight in Oklahoma City, as Jared Gordon came three pounds heavy for his featherweight contest with Michel Quinones. Below are the complete UFC Fight Night 112 weigh-in results, courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Michael Chiesa (155) vs. Kevin Lee (156)
- Tim Boetsch (186) vs. Johny Hendricks (188*)
- Felice Herrig (115) vs. Justine Kish (116)
- Joachim Christensen (206) vs. Dominick Reyes (205)
- Alex Garcia (171) vs. Tim Means (171)
- B.J. Penn (146) vs. Dennis Siver (146)
- Clay Guida (156) vs. Erik Koch (155)
- Vitor Miranda (186) vs. Marvin Vettori (185)
- Carla Esparza (116) vs. Maryna Moroz (115)
- Devin Powell (155) vs. Darrell Horcher (155)
- Jared Gordon (149*) vs. Michel Quinones (145)
- Jeremy Kimball (204) vs. Josh Stansbury (206)
- Johnny Case (156) vs. Tony Martin (156)