The fight has been saved.
“The Commission did not make a determination to remove Ms. Gonzalez from the card, however the Commission did conduct a review based on information presented at the weigh-in earlier today,” the statement read. “The Commission has completed its review and has cleared Ms. Gonzalez to participate in UFC 210.”
The NYSAC provided John Pollock of the Fight Network a different statement about the matter.
Here is a statement I was provided by the NYSAC regarding Pearl Gonzalez pic.twitter.com/AaY6OlBOgG— John Pollock (@iamjohnpollock) April 7, 2017
UFC president Dana White announced the fight being good to go Friday afternoon on Twitter. The fight had been ruled off Friday morning due to Pearl Gonzalez having breast implants, multiple sources told MMA Fighting. The New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) does not allow implants, per their rule.
Gonzalez provided the NYSAC medical documentation after being told the fight was canceled, her team told MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani. The commission apparently cleared her thereafter.
Newsday’s Mark La Monica was the first to report the development.
Both Gonzalez and Calvillo made weight for the strawweight clash Friday morning and were present for the ceremonial weigh-ins Friday afternoon. This will be Gonzalez’s UFC debut.