Another familiar face appears headed to Bellator.
Former UFC strawweight title challenger Valérie Létourneau is close to finalizing a new contract with Bellator, MMA Fighting has learned. If all goes well, as it is expected to, the promotion is expected to announce the signing imminently.
Létourneau, who’s in attendance at Bellator 178 Friday night in Connecticut, will compete in Bellator’s flyweight division.
Earlier this year, the native of Montréal, Québec, Canada parted ways with the UFC after losing her third fight in a row and struggling to make the 116-pound strawweight limit. The UFC doesn’t have a women’s flyweight division, which is the ideal weight class for the American Top Team fighter.
Létourneau (8-6) began her UFC run a perfect 3-0. She then lost a unanimous decision to strawweight champion Joanna Jędrzejczyk at UFC 193 in 2015, which began her losing streak.
The 33-year-old has been competing in MMA since 2007.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage