Luis Henrique won’t be heading to the Big Apple next week.
The UFC heavyweight prospect is out of his fight with Marcin Tybura at UFC 208 on Feb. 11 in Brooklyn due to an issue with the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC). Henrique told MMA Fighting it has to do with a medical condition, though he has been cleared in every other commission he has applied to get a license in.
The news was first reported earlier this week by MMAjunkie.
The NYSAC said in a statement through New York Department of State spokesperson Laz Benitez that Henrique did not fully go through its process before his license application was drawn.
“Mr. Henrique’s application was withdrawn prior to a determination being made by the Commission,” the statement read. “Mr. Henrique is no longer proposed to compete on the UFC 208 card.”
The UFC confirmed Henrique’s removal and said a replacement for Tybura would be announced “shortly.”
Henrique (10-2, 1 NC) has won two in a row in the UFC and his lone loss for the promotion came to top prospect Francis Ngannou in 2015. The Brazilian is coming off a third-round submission win over Christian Colombo in November. Henrique, 23, has finished seven of his 10 career victories.