LAS VEGAS — The cast of The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption has some familiar names.
Joe Stevenson, Jesse Taylor, Ramsey Nijem and Eddie Gordon are among cast members on this season of the UFC reality series. Everyone on the show is a former TUF contestant. And one — James Krause — is actually still on the UFC roster.
The winner of the season, which will be fought at welterweight, gets a UFC contract and a $250,000 prize. The 12-show season begins April 19 and will air on FS1. The two finalists will meet on The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale in July.
UFC bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt and former bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw, former teammates, are the coaches on the season. The two will meet with the 135-pound title on the line also in July.
The full cast is below:
- Seth Baczynski – 20-14, 35, Gilbert, Ariz.
- Julian Lane – 11-6, 29, Mansfield, Ohio
- Mehdi Baghdad – 11-5, 31, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Dhiego Lima – 12-5, 28, Dacula, Ga.
- Justin Edwards – 9-5, 34, Bellefontaine, Ohio
- Ramsey Nijem – 9-6, 28, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Tom Gallicchio – 19-9, 30, Temecula, Calif.
- Gilbert Smith – 12-6, 35, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Eddie Gordon – 8-4, 33, Freeport, N.Y.
- Joe Stevenson – 33-16, 34, Victorville, Calif.
- Hayder Hassan – 6-3, 34, Coconut Creek, Fla.
- Jesse Taylor – 30-15, 34, Temecula, Calif.
- James Krause – 23-7, 30, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- Hector Urbina – 17-10, 29, Coconut Creek, Calif.
Stevenson won the second season of The Ultimate Fighter in 2005 and Gordon won the 19th season, beating Lima in the finals, back in 2014.
Taylor is known for his drunken antics on TUF 7 in 2008 and was ultimately kicked off the finale by UFC president Dana White. Lane is infamous for his “Let me bang, bro” line on TUF 16 in 2012.