A pair of thriving welterweights will finally get their chance to battle one another.
On Monday, UFC officials confirmed that a welterweight contest between Kamaru Usman (11-1) and Emil Meek (9-2, 1 NC) originally scheduled for UFC 219 on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas, Nev., will now take place at UFC St. Louis.
Issues with Meek’s VISA prevented him from competing at UFC 219, and MMA Fighting initially reported that the two had been rescheduled to fight at UFC 220 on Jan. 20 in Boston. However, the bout will now bolster the St. Louis show instead.
Meek was victorious in his lone Octagon appearance last December at UFC 206, where he defeated Jordan Mein by unanimous decision. Overall, “Valhalla” has won four consecutive pro bouts including a 45-second KO of Rousimar Palhares.
UFC Fight Night 124 takes place at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., on Jan. 14.
See the updated card below:
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Doo Ho Choi
- Uriah Hall vs. Vitor Belfort
- Paige VanZant vs. Jessica-Rose Clark
- Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek
- Darren Elkins vs. Michael Johnson
- James Krause vs. Alex White
- Matt Frevola vs. Marco Polo Reyes
- Thiago Alves vs. Zak Cummings
- Kalindra Faria vs. Jessica Eye
- Talita Bernardo vs. Irene Aldana
- Danielle Taylor vs. JJ Aldrich
- Kyung Ho Kang vs. Guido Cannetti