An important welterweight fight has been moved to UFC 220.
The UFC has rescheduled Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek for the Jan. 20 card in Boston, MMA Fighting has learned.
The fight was originally set for UFC 219 on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas. However, Meek, a native of Norway, had United States visa issues, which put the fight on ice for several weeks. Meek finally got his visa two weeks ago, but at that point the ship had sailed on fighting at the Vegas event for Usman. So, the promotion re-booked the 170-pound bout for three weeks later.
Meek (9-2, 1 NC) will be looking to improve to 2-0 in the UFC. After winning his debut last December against Jordan Mein at UFC 206, “Valhalla” was scheduled to return to action in May but pulled out of his fight due to injury.
UFC 220 is set for the TD Garden in Boston, and it will feature two title fights: Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou for the heavyweight title and Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir for the light heavyweight belt.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage