Michael Chandler is set to return to action, however, his next fight won’t be for the Bellator lightweight title.
Chandler will meet Goiti Yamauchi at Bellator 192 on January 20, MMA Fighting has learned.
The event, which is headlined by Douglas Lima vs. Rory MacDonald for the Bellator welterweight title, will take place at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.
Chandler (16-4) lost the lightweight title in June to Brent Primus after suffering a sprained foot in the first round of their Bellator NYC title fight. He hoped to receive an immediate rematch, but for reasons unknown at this time, that fight wasn’t made. Prior to the somewhat controversial loss, Chandler had won four fights in a row.
Yamauchi (22-3) heads into the biggest fight of his career riding a three-fight winning streak. All three of those wins — as well 18 of his 22 overall — have come via submission.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage