Veteran heavyweight Alistair Overeem headlined a list of five fighters to receive indefinite medical suspensions for injuries sustained at UFC 203, according to information released by the Ohio Athletic Commission to MMA Fighting on Monday.
Overeem suffered a first-round knockout loss at the hands of UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic in the main event of UFC 203. The knockout loss was the tenth of Overeem's lengthy mixed martial arts career and thirteenth overall when counting Overeem's kickboxing résumé.
The 36-year-old Overeem will now require a neurological CT scan as well as an MRI before being allowed to return to active competition.
Aside from Overeem, four other fighters on the card received similarly indefinite medical suspensions: Travis Browne (right index finger), Jimmie Rivera (eye), Brad Tavares (lower back), and Sean Spencer (left hand).
UFC 203 took place Sept. 10 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. The main card aired live on pay-per-view.
A complete list of UFC 203's medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Alistair Overeem: Suspended indefinitely, requires neurological cat scan within five days, MRI after 5 days; minimum suspension of 60 days
- Travis Browne: Suspended indefinitely, requires orthopedic clearance of right index finger
- Jimmie Rivera: Suspended indefinitely, requires ophthalmology clearance
- Brad Tavares: Suspended indefinitely, requires medical clearance on lower back
- Sean Spencer: Suspended indefinitely, requires medical clearance on left hand
- Stipe Miocic: Suspended 45 days, 15 days no contact
- CM Punk: Suspended 45 days, 30 days no contact
- Jessica Eye: Suspended 45 days, 30 days no contact
- Michael McBride: Suspended 45 days, 30 days no contact
- Jason Gonzalez: Suspended 45 days, 30 days no contact
- Jessica Andrade: Suspended 30 days contact
- Bethe Correia: Suspended 30 days no contact