Win or lose, Ukraine's Nikita Krylov has never gone the distance in his mixed martial arts career.
That held true for the 25th time on Saturday night at UFC 201, as the 24-year-old light heavyweight prospect landed a brutal head kick knockout finish of veteran Ed Herman for his fifth consecutive win.
"This was the most experience of any opponent I ever fought," said Krylov (21-4). "It was a very good moment for me. Big respect for him."
Both fighters were exchanging blows in close early in the second round when Krylov landed a perfectly placed and beautifully executed left kick to the head, which sent Herman faceplanting to the mat. The bout was waved at the 40-second mark at Atlanta's Philips Arena.
"Karate is my best so that is one of the things I do the best. It was done," said Krylov after his eighth career knockout.
Herman (23-12) lost for the second time in his past three fights and has alternated wins and losses over his past seven.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage