The main event and co-feature bouts are set for the UFC's debut show in Hidalgo, Texas.
Lightweights Dustin Poirier and Michael Johnson will square off in an American Top Team vs. Blackzilians battle in the main event of the Sept. 17 UFC Fight Night 94 card, while middleweights Uriah Hall and Derek Brunson will tangle in the co-feature bout.
FOXSports.com originally reported the bouts on Monday.
ATT's Poirier (20-4) has won four straight fights since he returned to 155 pounds, three of them via finish. His most recent performance was a first-round knockout of Bobby Green at UFC 199. Johnson (16-10) will make his first appearance since losing to Nate Diaz on a UFC on FOX card last December, which was his second straight loss.
The streaky Hall (12-6) is looking to shake off his UFC 193 loss to Robert Whittaker. That loss came on the heels of a stretch in which the New York City resident won five of six fights. Brunson (15-3) brings a four-fight winning streak into the matchup. He was scheduled to meet Gegard Mousasi at UFC 200, but had to pull out due to an injury.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage