David Branch continues to be one of the highest earners outside of the UFC. The two-division World Series of Fighting champion pocketed a $130,000 purse for his middleweight title defense over Clifford Starks at WSOF 30, according to information the Nevada Athletic Commission released Monday to MMA Fighting.
Branch is currently WSOF's middleweight and light heavyweight titleholder. He defeated Starks via unanimous decision to win his eighth fight in as many appearances under the WSOF banner.
WSOF 30 took place April 2 at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, NV. The main card aired live on NBC Sports Network.
In addition, the NAC released the event's medical suspension list, which was headlined by main card winner Vinny Magalhaes.
Magalhaes, along with three other fighters, was given a provisional six-month suspension pending physician's clearance.
A complete breakdown of WSOF 22's salaries and medical suspensions can be seen below, although in the case of the former, these figures do not represent a fighter's total earnings as sponsorship money is not publicly disclosed.
Main card (NBC Sports Network)
David Branch ($65,000 + $65,000 = $130,000) def. Clifford Starks ($15,000)
Jon Fitch ($35,000 + $35,000 = $70,000) def. Joao Zeferino ($15,000)
Vinny Magalhaes ($7,000 + $7,000 = $14,000) def. Jake Heun ($10,000)
Abu Azaitar ($3,000 + $3,000 = $6,000) def. Danny Davis Jr. ($3,000)
Preliminary Card (MMA Fighting)
Abubakar Nurmagomedov ($3,500 + $3,500 = $7,000) def. Matt Frincu ($4,000)
Rex Harris ($1,500 + $1,500 = $3,000) def. Clinton Williams ($4,000)
Steve Kozola ($3,000 + $3,000 = $6,000) def. Matt Church ($1,000)
Adam Acquaviva ($2,000 + $2,000 = $4,000) def. Andres Ponce ($800)
Zach Bunnell ($500 + $500 = $1,000) def. Jeff Roman ($500)
- Vinny Magalhaes: Must have displaced fracture of the second metacarpal on right hand cleared by orthopedic doctor or no contest until 09/30
- Abu Azaitar: Must have left foot/ankle x-rayed, if positive then must have orthopedic doctor clearance or no contest until 09/30
- Steve Kozola: Must have left hand x-rayed, if positive then must have orthopedic doctor clearance or no contest until 09/30
- Jeffrey Roman: Must have right hand x-rayed, if positive then must have orthopedic doctor clearance or no contest until 09/30
- Danny Davis Jr.: Suspended until 05/03, no contact until 04/24 due to left eyelid laceration
- Rex Harris: Suspended until 05/03, no contact until 04/24 due to left corneal abrasion
- Matt Church: Suspended until 05/03, no contract until 04/24 due to left eyebrow laceration
- Matt Frincu: Suspended until 04/24, no contact until 04/17 due to abrasions over eyes
- Zachary Bunnell: Suspended until 04/24, no contact until 04/17