He hasn't been active lately in MMA circles, but Tyrone Spong is still knocking guys out in spectacular fashion.
"The King of the Ring" ended Lucas Queen's night by KO in a boxing match Friday in Fort Lauderdale. Queen hit the canvas face first after a Spong counter right hand as Queen came in. Brutal stuff. Spong's Blackzilians team posted the video Monday on Twitter. It was his United States boxing debut.
Spong is a former star in GLORY kickboxing and one of the best heavier weight kickboxers in the world. He is also 2-0 in MMA under the World Series of Fighting banner. But the Suriname hasn't fought MMA since 2013 and competed in kickboxing since breaking his leg in a match against Gokhan Saki in 2014.
In the meantime, he has dominated in boxing, accumulating a 4-0 record with four knockouts. Queen's record was a paltry 1-4 coming into facing Spong. But Spong's previous opponent David Gogishvili was a perfect 13-0 before facing the Blackzilians star March 5 in Chechnya.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage