Ronda Rousey's career outside the Octagon is healthier than ever.
The former UFC women's bantamweight champion and pop culture phenom recently signed a three-movie contract with the Lifetime network, according to Deadline.com (h/t FOX Sports). Rousey's films will revolve around empowerment, the report said.
Also joining Lifetime's new team are Serena Williams and Janet Jackson. The network is attempting to steer away from the melodramas that have become a punchline over the years.
Rousey has been busy over the last few months, though she has not fought. Her movie and television deals are voluminous. Last week, Rousey was also named one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people.
In her absence, the UFC's bantamweight division has gone through some changes. Holly Holm knocked Rousey out to win the title at UFC 193 in November. But then Miesha Tate beat Holm by fifth-round submission to snatch the belt at UFC 196 last month. Tate will defend the title against Amanda Nunes at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas.
Rousey is expected back to the UFC around November or December. It's unclear who her first opponent will be, but UFC president Dana White has said that it will be a title fight.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage