Conor McGregor's UFC featherweight title could be on the line at UFC 200.
Speaking with Colin Cowherd on Wednesday's episode of The Herd on Fox Sports 1, Dana White said Conor McGregor's recent retirement – if valid – would force him to vacate his featherweight title. With Frankie Edgar and Jose Aldo already scheduled to compete for the interim 145-pound strap at the July 9 event, this situation would create a new possibility at the top of the division.
"That’s the thing," White said. "Conor needs to clear up this whole retirement thing, and clear it up fast, because if he’s retired, then at UFC 200 Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar are fighting for the vacant title."
Watch White's full interview with Cowherd – where he explains the current McGregor situation in further detail – below.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage