UFC newcomer Darrell Horcher was one of three fighters to receive an extended medical suspension in the aftermath of UFC on FOX 19, according to information released Tuesday to MMA Fighting by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Horcher succumbed to a second-round TKO at the hands of top-ranked lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov in his UFC debut, which came on less than two week's notice after Tony Ferguson withdrew from UFC on FOX 19 with an injury. The loss earned Horcher a 60-day medical suspension due to a "hard fight."
Two other fighters on card were handed similarly long medical suspensions. Oluwale Bamgbose, who lost to Cezar Ferreira on the undercard, was given a potential 180-day suspension pending the results of a CT scan; while Omari Akhmedov, who lost to UFC rookie Elizeu Zaleski, was given a 45-day suspension for an eye laceration.
UFC on FOX 19 took place April 16 at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL. Light heavyweight contender Glover Teixeira defeated former UFC champion Rashad Evans via first-round knockout in the night's main event.
The complete list of UFC on FOX 19's medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Oluwale Bamgbose: Suspended 180 days pending CT scan results; mandatory suspension of 45 days, 30 days no contact
- Darrell Horcher: Suspended 60 days for hard fight
- Omari Akhmedov: Suspended 45 days for eye laceration
- Rashad Evans: Suspended 30 days
- Raquel Pennington: Suspended 30 days for right eye laceration
- Court McGee: Suspended 30 days
- Randy Brown: Suspended 30 days, 21 days no contact
- Manny Gamburyan: Suspended 30 days
- Michael Graves: Suspension pending left hand x-ray