Conor McGregor hasn't outright confirmed that his rematch against Nate Diaz is on for UFC 200, but he definitely implied it on Friday.
McGregor posted a photo to his Instagram account which showed the UFC featherweight champion socking Diaz at UFC 196, adorned with the caption: "It was a good knock. Enjoy it. We'll see the next time."
Diaz (19-10) has embarked on a celebratory media tour over the past week in the aftermath of his shocking upset over McGregor on March 5 at UFC 196. Despite fighting on just 11 days notice, Diaz submitted the Irish champion via second-round rear-naked choke. The event is believed to be one of the highest grossing shows in UFC history.
Diaz and McGregor are (19-3) expected to run things back in the main event of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani reported last week. The UFC has yet to formally announce the contest.
McGregor's head coach at SBG Ireland, John Kavanagh, recently told Britain's Daily Star that an official UFC announcement is expected to come soon, potentially "this week."
Kavanagh also answered critics who have complained that McGregor should defend his featherweight belt against either Frankie Edgar or Jose Aldo at UFC 200.
"Whoever it is there will be a group of fans that will go, ‘Oh I didn't want to see that, I wanted to see this,'" Kavanagh said. "The truth is when it is all said and done, fast forward three or four years when he is wrapping up his career, everybody will have been met. All styles will have been beaten."